Next Event: Date Night, October 21st 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
All married couples are invited to our date night event as we get CLEAR!
All you need to do is come to the church, drop off your kids here for child-care, and pick up a Date Night card. On the card you will find step-by-step instructions, fun questions, and other fun surprises. It’s simply designed for you to laugh, learn, and affirm each other. You are going to love it!
Free childcare available with registration.
RSVP to Pastor Britta — gro.cphsnull@attirb
We are a church that believes in building good marriages. And building good marriages is easier when we have some useful tools to help us out. This is why we implemented the MarriedPeople strategy last year, and after hearing lots of good stuff from couples who took advantage of the various events, date nights and small groups we offered throughout the year, we decided to continue offering more MarriedPeople opportunities this coming year as well!
To give a bit of background, this strategy introduces couples to what we call the Core 4 Habits of a Great Marriage. One of these four habits is always present in each and every night out, date night card or monthly ezine, whether communicated directly or woven into the content.
What are the Core 4 Habits?
God’s way for marriage might not be easy to live out, but it is certainly easy to understand. God gives us only a few verses on how husbands and wives should love each other. We believe God did this on purpose. From the precious few scripture verses on marriage come the Core 4 Habits.
- Have Serious Fun. Having fun as a couple is not optional; it’s essential. We believe the best way to protect your marriage is to enjoy it regularly. (Proverbs 5:18)
- Respect and Love. Of the few verses God gives to husbands and wives, the directive to respect and love is commanded more than any other. This truth really can set us free when we understand the interplay of respect and love. (Ephesians 5:21-33)
- Love God First. When Jesus was asked about the greatest commandment, His answer was to love God with all you are and to love others as well as you love yourself. Loving God in your individual life greatly impacts your married life. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Practice Your Promise. Our spouses trusted that we would do what we promised when we said, “I do”—to love each other and to stay together no matter what. Knowing and experiencing a lasting commitment is vital to every marriage. (Proverbs 5:18; Malachi 2:15)
This Year’s Married People Offerings:
- September 8th – Night Out in the Sanctuary
- October 21st – Date Night
- November 3rd – Night Out in the Sanctuary
- January 6th – Date Night
- February 2nd – Night Out in the Sanctuary
- March 3rd – Date Night
- April 13th – Night Out in the Sanctuary
- May 19th – Date Night
Mark your calendars now to join us for any, all or as many as possible of this year’s “Get CLEAR” offerings: Get CLEAR on…God’s Help! Get CLEAR on…What’s In Your Backpack! Get CLEAR on…Technology! Get CLEAR on…Your Team! This is NOT a class, so please note that you don’t have to be able to attend each and every date to participate. Although all of the year’s events will speak to the same theme, they each stand alone in what they teach, so please join us for whichever ones work for you and your calendar! Free childcare is available with reservations made in advance. If you are interested in more information, would like to help in the planning process or want to receive the monthly ezine subscription for free, please contact Pastor Britta at gro.cphsnull@attirb or (512) 892-3580, ext. 107.